Thursday, June 11, 2009

Cause MOS Said It!

He is one of my fav....like for real for real!!! Mos Def gives his Top 5 Albums.
1. Charles Mingus 'The Black Saint and The Sinner Lady'
"...raw & elegant, huge music"
2. De La Soul '3 Feet High & Rising'
"...my biggest influence as far as hip hop"


3. Marvin Gaye 'What's Going On'
"...feel like they've been with you forever"




4. Jimi Hendrix 'Band of Gypsys
"By second song 'Machine Gun' I was blown away"




5. A Tribe Called Quest 'The Low End Theory'
"...so rich and seamless"




Not much of an article (found in People magazine), but I always feel like I learn a little more about a person when I know their music- not songs they think are hot now, but their fav, like I grew up, was inspired by this type music.
Look out for his CD, The Ecstatic......in stores now!!!
<>
shellyNICs
...giving that beLLaLUV



No comments:

Post a Comment